Below is list of some important Hospitals of Karachi city:
(1) Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (J.P.M.C.)
The Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre is a public hospital and located in Karachi.It was established in 1959 and it is providing the highest degree of medical care to a very large segment of society. You can know more about JPMC by clicking here.
The NICVD, the first Cardiology Institute of Pakistan, was established in 1963 to meet the increasing demand for the diagnosis, management and prevention of cardiovascular diseases in country.The NICVD institute is the largest and the pioneer institution of its kind in Pakistan and South Asia.For more details,visit NICVD.
(3) National Institute of Child Health.
(4) PNS Rahat, Karsaz.
The P.N.S. Rahat Hospital was established in 1954 and located at Karsaz Road in Karachi. It is operated by Pakistan Navy.for further information see Pakistan Navy Hospitals.
(5) PNS Shifa, Defence Housing Society.
The P.N.S. Shifa Hospital is a 600-bed hospital and located at Defence Housing Society in Karachi, Pakistan.It is also operated by Pakistan Navy.
(6) Shoukat Omer Memorial Hospital, Shah Faisal Colony.
(7) Civil Hospital (Baba-e-Urdu Road).
Civil Hospital Karachi is a 1670-bed public hospital,and one of the teaching hospitals affiliated with Dow University of Health Sciences. There are six general surgical units except the specialties of neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, pediatric surgery, urology, plastic surgery, maxillo-facial surgery and vascular surgery.
(8) Civil Hospital(Burns Centre).
(9) Kulsum Bai Valika Social Security Hospital (K.V. Hospital), Mangopir Road, S.I.T.E.
(10) Nazimabad Chest Clinic, Nazimabad.
(11) Ojah Institute of Chest Diseases, University Road.
(12) Police Hospital.
(13) Sindh Government Children Hospital.
(14) Sindh Government Hospital Korangi.
(15) Sindh Government Hospital Liaquatabad.
(16) Sindh Government Hospital Lyari.
(17) Sindh Government Hospital New Karachi.
(18) Sindh Government Qatar Hospital, Orangi Town.
(19) Sindh Government Services Hospital, M. A. Jinnah Road.
(20)Sindh Institute of Skin Diseases:
The Sindh Institute of Skin Diseases is the only public sector skin hospital located at Regal Chowk in Karachi,Pakistan. It is a 50-bed dermatological hospital with over 4,000 OPD patients visit the hospital daily.
(21) Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT).
(22) Skin & Social Hygiene Centre, Preedy Street, Saddar.
(23)Social Security Hospital, Landhi.